The following is an incomplete recap of Term 2, 2010. Last edited, July 11th 2010, presented as is.
--------------
Hi. First post in what, nearly a month? Well, I'm back, and I'm going to try and cut down on my backlog.
So, it's holidays. Once again, I have time on my side. I haven't had the chance to properly reflect on things for a long time - only now do I have the time. School, I swear you are killing me, filling my time with distractions.
Every holiday, I re-assess everything that has happened, my personal goals and character
Term 2 has been an interesting ride. Not as good as Term 1, but still good. I've strongly pushed towards creative activities (such as Music Nights, Baulko Aid, collab with Kausthub, the song for my English presentation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtGMh7MpWYk, and my upcoming demo track). Not as many memories from this term, I think. Maybe it's because Term 1 was so new and different - being a senior student, meeting new people, and having entirely different classes.
While it was for the most part enjoyable, the last few weeks were some kind of hell. I had four or five nights in a row where I stayed up past midnight to finish up assignments. Felt like absolute shit. Then it was all over. The end result, some mild euphoria. Asides from a maths test at the start of the day, the last day of term was pretty good. It usually is. For me, there's something almost symbolic about it. Everyone goes off their separate ways and takes a rest, so they can come back with a renewed state of mind. At least, that's how it is for me.
When I wasn't busy up in the music room (which was where I spent half of my breaks this term), I spent my time solidifying friendships. But even though my connections are stronger, I can't help but feel that my close circle is shrinking. Or more accurately, I'm slipping out of touch with one of my best friends. We don't have any classes in common and we don't hang out in the same place. I'm starting to miss him. Kinda like what happened last year when Ihita left our group. Well, without the complications.
So, lets see, in terms of 'events', I've had a drama excursion, a Ylead motivational day, Bec's birthday
I've noticed that these days I do things at a slower, more calculated pace. I used to do so many things in the spur of the moment, mostly for laughs. But in the end, you can't really critique your past actions - you probably won't even be able to remember everything going through your head at the time.
2 comments:
Bec's birthday hasn't happened. :/
Also, :(
This post was written last year.
Post a Comment