Don't lose sight of the fact that it WILL be our turn in roughly a year. Time is the least of my concerns here. I mean, we'll be a grade like any other, we'll be remembered for various reasons, and we will be missed when we leave. Are we looking far ahead enough to try and craft a legacy? A series of events and actions that will secure our place in the hearts and minds of the rest of our school? Do things like this just happen? - Aaron Cornelius, November 5, 2009.Somewhat ironically, Year 12 is just around the corner and I have barely given it a thought. Oh well, it's not too late. =P
I'll keep this short. This year, don't just live in the present. Think about things you can do to make this year special for yourself and others around you. Things you can to do make the year easier for you - plan ahead, and don't fall behind on your workload. Things you can do to build yourself as a person.
Sometimes I get the feeling that if I work really hard now then I'll be able to set my life up way ahead of time. But no. That's not how things should be. Coasting by on the fumes of what has come before you will only lead to a want of fresh air. The work you do now leading up to the HSC won't automatically make your life a thing of greatness, so don't view it with too much reverence. (i'm talking to you, anthony liang =P)
This is the last year you get to spend with our grade (and indeed, the other grades) as one big community. So don't hold back.You can either make this year something you will look back on with regret, or you can make it the best, most fulfilling experience possible.
It'll be over soon. That's just how it is. I say make the most of it while you still can.
2 comments:
hey, i liked this!
glad you liked it. thanks for visiting! =)
Post a Comment