Sophomore

Hello all. As you know, it's been a while since I last posted. Well, that's cos all this time I've been trying to write up a recap of term 1, which has proved quite copious. So, I will finish that post later. It's freaking huge. XD

So, three weeks in to term 2, what are things like since we left off? I started this term like the last term. Quietly, that is. But I got back in to things so very quickly. My friendships have never been so solid. So how DOES one follow up such an excellent term? Well, as I've learned (read: old blog), you definitely don't do it by trying to recreate it. You have to truly live in the moment and create the best possible outcome from the circumstances. Luckily, its a skill that I have recently rediscovered.

Ever since I started this term, I've been up in the music room almost every lunch time. I feel like I haven't quite been giving music my all, and some of my song choices haven't been the best crowd pleasers. So I'm going to do knockout performances at every single event there is this term. Year 10, I honestly feel like I shrunk back into myself (apart from reco at the end of the year). I'm a born performer, and I really should act like it. So now, I'm going to doubly compensate to make things even. Lets hope it pays off. =D

It doesn't really feel like it's been Term 2 for 3 weeks. I guess that's the downside of rehearsing all the time - you don't get to talk to your friends as much. And lets face it, talking to friends is the most memorable, and arguably valuable part of school. So I'm not going to let the rest of the term fly by. As soon as I'm done with rehearsing I'll  certainly give all my time to socialising.

Earlier I've spoken of approaching school with a lighter, more positive attitude, and I've done just that. I'm happier than I can ever remember being, and at long last I'm not carrying any baggage. Shut up, eye bags don't count. =P

There's still so many new people I have to meet, and so many people that I have to get to know better. A new chapter is beginning, with new threads weaving their way in to the story and making an impact on the greater scheme of things. What lies ahead is a mystery. The possibilities are incredible.

1 comments:

i wish i had a lighter and more positive attitude, but being the pessimist that i am its kinda hard for me?
and when do you get to sleep everyday? XD

-Sally

 

Post a Comment

Music